Breeding Responsible Belgium/ Ethiopia
After 35 Years of pioneering by our founder Ludo Decock, The company Decock Plants 2.0 is making new steps for the future. To continue the growth and achieve our goals we are looking for :
2 Positions available
You are responsible for monitoring plants intended for varietal improvement and contributes to the development of new varieties of ornamental plants. You will take responsibility for part of the improvement programs, in collaboration with your colleagues.
• Monitor the genetic quality of our varieties.
• Implementation of work schedule to grow and select plants.
• Prepare nurseries and trial experiments.
• Development of new products.
With a breeder colleague, within the team of cultivation managers, continuous efforts are made to optimize the development of commercially successful lines. You will focus on implementing strategies to enhance the long-term success of the breeding program. You will participate in nursery and testing related activities and take the ownership of some species in the breeding program. Part of the work will be to take care of the plants in production.
The position is based in Comines (Belgium). Willingness to travel abroad to visit our breeding site (Ethiopia) is a plus.
We expect flexibility in the busy season and may compensate for this during the summer period
Who are you?
Industrial Engineer Graduation Horticulture or Biotechnology or Bachelor of Agro and Biotechnology Graduation Horticulture or Biotechnology (or equivalent by experience)
• Growing plants is your passion
• Knowledge of plant genetics or experience in plant breeding preferred but not essential.
• Pro-actively learn
• Stress-proof with the ability to find creative solutions for challenges.
• Motivated and responsible person
• SME mentality
• You are fluent in English (Dutch and French valued).
What you get
- Excellent training with your breeder colleague and within the growing team.
- An attractive remuneration package in function of your knowledge and experience supplemented with fringe benefits.
- An international job environment within a company that acts as a leader in its sector.
- A challenging work environment and a place where you can grow.
- If needed, housing is available.