Hey you ... yes you. Welcome on the webpage of IAAS LC Leuven
If you wonder in which corner of the internet you just landed, well... now is the time to give you an explanation. We'll explain who we are, what we are standing for and why it is a really good idea to join our awesome team.
The name "IAAS” stands for "International Association of Students in Agricultural and Related Sciences". We are an international student Association (ISA) and our HQ lies in the “out-of-a-fairytale” Boshut next to the Baarr.
We are an organisation that promotes the exchange of experiences, knowledge and ideas in the field of agricultural and related sciences. We are providing links between students and professionals all over the world. The goal of this exchange is to get students thinking about agriculture and food production in a constantly changing, modern society that is filled with new challenges.
How do we reach our goals?
- Through the organisation of local activities like symposia, debates, trade fairs, conferences, soft skills and so much more.
- Next to this, we also organize international activitities like world congresses, several international conferences and -, exchange weeks – this is an opportunity to go abroad and to get there a quick culture/sciencebath in the country that is hosting it. In exchange, we organize in Leuven one of those weeks filled with a lot of fun activities like a visit at the carillon, the Banana-bank, the university greenhouses, several companies and farms, etc.
- To conclude, we also offer internships abroad. This program going by the name of EXPRO (exchange program) , helps students finding and planning internships that can be recognized by the KULeuven.
Since 2016-2017, we are part of the “onderwijsvleugel” (Education Branch) of LBK together with LBK international, Company relations and of course Education.
This describes in short who and what IAAS Leuven is. In case you want to be part of our team this year or the next or in case you desire to get more information about us, you can always contact the following persons:
- Huy Nguyen (Local Co-director & Secretary)
- Marie Kloeck (Local Co-director & Treasurer)
- Kamiar Torabi (Local ExCo/EXPRO-team)
- Galahad O'Rourke (Logistics)
- Ismael Bawah (Local Co-treasurer)
- Open meeting (October)
- Think Abroad
- Breakfast Action
- Trade Fair
- SummerBBQ & GA
- Exchange week
Questions about internships? Write an email or take a look at the abroad page.
Questions about IAAS itself, what we actually do and stuff?
- IAAS Leuven local director: email@example.com
- IAAS Belgium national director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IAAS team: email@example.com
Or feel free to come by in the Boshut (next to the Baarr) any time you want or join our weekly meetings there on Tuesday at 20h !
Kind regards, the IAAS team '18-'19