Junior Researcher – Agrifirm
“Are you eager to develop a career as Researcher within the agricultural industry?”
To strengthen our Global Research & Development team, we are looking for Junior Researchers who
have affinity in animal nutrition and health, agricultural technology, functional feed ingredients,
sustainable solutions and innovative research. As a highly-motivated and energetic researcher you
will contribute to both fundamental as well as applied research within the agricultural sector.
What will you do?
• You will set up and perform research projects, primarily in the area of nutrition and health.
Most studies will have an interdisciplinary set-up, and will require close collaborations with
other researchers or partners.
• You will perform data analysis and literature study in your area of research
• You use your skills as a communicator. This includes the interaction with colleagues during
the project; with external partners when conducting trials; as well as external project
communication, such as publications in peer reviewed scientific journals and contributions to
To be successful in this role, you need to have the following competencies:
• PhD or Master in bioscience engineering, biochemistry, animal sciences, food technology,
nutrition and health or similar.
• A first working experience and/or international experience is a plus
• Strong interest in sustainability/circularity (methane emission, nitrogen efficiency)/raw
materials/functional feed ingredients/young animal nutrition
• Strong analytical thinking and the ability to assess complex information to provide accurate
and engaging summaries of research
• Good communication skills and the ability to establish positive working relations with a wide
range of contacts
• Enthusiastic, eager to learn, open and flexible
• You are fluent in English and/or Dutch
• We are flexible in terms of working area, but you need to be present in our HQ (Apeldoorn)
and/or offices in Ghent regularly.
What do we offer you?
We offer you a chance to develop a career as Researcher, a chance to unleash your potential at a
global player in the animal feed industry. We offer you challenging projects, highly-skilled mentoring
colleagues and a safe learning environment. A fair salary depending on your experience and area of
Apply via email@example.com or our LinkedIn page with your CV and motivation!