R&D engineer water management
Sumaqua is a high-tech startup originating from the KU Leuven – Department of Civil Engineering, focusing on water management and modelling.
We are looking for an engineer to strengthen our R&D team! You will be working on a broad range of highly innovative projects with an impact on water management in Belgium and abroad. The precise content can be adjusted based on your interests and experience.
– Based on your experience, you become a project engineer or manager for consulting projects and will be in direct contact with clients.
– You will develop new machine learning techniques, IoT-driven applications and/or modelling tools in close collaboration with the Sumaqua colleagues.
– You will put these techniques and innovations into practice to tackle water problems in urban and riverine environments, such as droughts and floods.
– You can play an important role in the growth of Sumaqua. We encourage you to take initiative, look for opportunities for business development, and be a frontrunner in innovation in the water sector.
We’re looking for somebody who:
– Holds a MSc. degree in (civil or bio) engineering or applied sciences.
– Applications of more senior engineers are highly welcomed, but experience is not a requisite.
– Has experience in programming languages Python, R, MATLAB or alike.
– Has experience with GIS software.
– Is eager to learn.